By Algernon Austin
This booklet is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million americans with the main excessive hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of contemporary Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" train us approximately race and ethnicity in the US today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties rules, academic reforms, and method for facing African American concerns
• provides tough info exhibiting that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea get together supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies options for facing white racial nervousness a couple of diversifying America
• presents empirically derived estimates of the proportion of the yankee public with powerful anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read Online or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
"Hate and Discrimination in the US is filled with politically right and politically improper subject matters and subject material that may preserve the reader from begin to end. -Rose C. Nardi, vp Peoples financial institution. "
According to broad fundamental study, together with interviews with flow and coverage actors throughout six eu nations, this booklet examines anti-racist hobbies all through Europe, targeting how they impact tradition and govt coverage at nationwide and european point, laying off mild at the nature of racism and responses to it throughout Europe.
The connection among welfare and racial inequality has lengthy been understood as a struggle among liberal and conservative forces. within the Segregated Origins of Social safety, Mary Poole demanding situations that simple assumption. Meticulously reconstructing the behind-the-scenes politicking that gave start to the 1935 Social safety Act, Poole demonstrates that segregation was once equipped into the very starting place of the welfare kingdom simply because white coverage makers--both liberal and conservative--shared an curiosity in protecting white race privilege.
The darkish tale of the surprising resurgence of white supremacist and nationalist teams, and their route to political powerWhen Vegas Tenold started reporting from the interior circle of 3 white energy teams in America-the KKK, the nationwide Socialist stream, and the Traditionalist staff Party-he stumbled on himself in the middle of small, disorganized teams working good outdoors the mainstream.
- The Rise of the Ku Klux Klan: Right-Wing Movements and National Politics (Social Movements, Protest and Contention)
- Underground Codes: Race, Crime and Related Fires
- Black Panthers For Beginners
- Aktueller Antisemitismus ein Phänomen der Mitte (German Edition)
Extra resources for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President
America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President by Algernon Austin